A few streets, a few houses, a few trees – Steinstücken measured a mere twelve hectares. Between 1945 and 1971, this area belonging to the Western district of Zehlendorf was West Berlin's only permanently inhabited exclave located in the Soviet-occupied zone/the GDR.
In 1972 Berlin's mayor Klaus Schütz opens an access road connecting Steinstücken to West Berlin.
Gert Knecht talks about living in the exclave.
Verbindungsstraße, Bernhard-Beyer-Straße 1, 14109 Berlin
Haus von Gert Knecht, Bernhard-Beyer-Straße 8, 14109 Berlin